Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ricky Williams Vows to Holistically Heal McNabb

Leading up to the 1999 NFL Draft, Eagles fans were optimistic about the prospects of drafting Texas running back Ricky Williams. However, new coach Andy Reid crushed the fans' hopes by selecting Syracuse quarterback Donovan McNabb. The fans responded the way any loyal fans would, by booing McNabb mercilessly. Since that day, both Williams and McNabb have forever been linked by the city of Philadelphia.


Today, Ricky Williams is enjoying a successful career in the Canadian Football League where I believe he is allowed to smoke weed without violating the league's substance abuse policy (if it has one). Williams has also dabbled in holistic medicine and feels confident he can help McNabb heal his recently torn ACL.


"I believe the core of McNabb's injury problems lays in the mental and spiritual anguish he endured on draft day," said Williams. "If he lets me help him I think we can get to that core and fix what's wrong with his spiritual being. Then I think his ACL is supposed to just sort of heal or something like that, I'm not sure I'm fairly new at this. Hey can we wrap up this interview? It's almost 4:20."


McNabb recently responded to Williams' offer, "I think Ricky's hit the hippy lettuce one too many times."

No comments: