Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Garcia Gets Text Message From T.O.

Jeff Garcia said this morning he received a text message from Terrell Owens. Garcia said the message was congratulating him on his win over the Panthers on monday night football. Owens reportedly used a Motorola Q to text "good game Jeff" to Garcia, but those reports haven't been confirmed.

Owens and Garcia have a rocky past going back to their days with the San Francisco 49ers. Owens repeatedly called for Garcia to be benched and on one occasion questioned Garcia's sexuality.

"I never questioned Jeff's sexuality. I just merely said that if something looks like a rat and smells like a rat that it's probably a rat. I never said anything about homosexuality," said Owens. "I watched the game last night and I really like how Jeff played. I mean I didn't see him gettin' tired in the fourth quarter. He did about as well as a quarterback can do without me in the lineup."

"Terrell is a great guy and I'm looking forward to playing against him on Christmas. I think I'll probably give him a hug," said Garcia.

No comments: